All categories • Controllers & Electronics• How To Make Stuff• Fog, Fluids, Scents• Customer Service• Prop Making• Foam Filled Props• Electric Firecrackers• Customer Videos & Pics• Decorating Supplies• Video & Visual Effects• Other• Escape Room Tech• Pneumatics• Electric Motors• Linear Actuators• Lighting• Sound & Audio• Talking Skulls
- Other Places
BooBox Flex or BooBox 8+ outputs staying on or not responding
You probably have blown a chip inside the unit.
If an output has been shorted, overloaded, or connected to a voltage source, even if for an instant it will blow the chip. This is usually caused by installing a DC device backwards (- to + or + to – terminals), passing any kind of voltage into the outputs 3 – 8, or touching the terminals of the outputs together. Signs of a blown chip are one or more outputs staying on indefinitely, or outputs not responding at all yet everything else seems fine.
Have no fear! They are inexpensive and easy to replace.
- Step lighting a long hallway
- Using AC devices with the PicoBoo
- With a boobox 8+ can multiple scenes be triggered and then running independently at the same time?
- Can you hook lights up directly to the BooBox FLEX?
- Using Solid State Relays for High Amperage Loads