All categories • Controllers & Electronics• How To Make Stuff• Fog, Fluids, Scents• Customer Service• Prop Making• Foam Filled Props• Electric Firecrackers• Customer Videos & Pics• Decorating Supplies• Video & Visual Effects• Other• Escape Room Tech• Pneumatics• Electric Motors• Linear Actuators• Lighting• Sound & Audio• Talking Skulls
- Other Places
Activating DC devices from AC power
In order to activate DC devices (such as LED lights, 12V solenoids, 12V motors, etc) from a regular 110V AC outlet an AC activated relay must be used. The diagram shows how this is wired. The DC power source (supply) must be plugged in at all times. When AC is suppled to the relay the possitve wire is connected and power flows to the DC device.
We recommend this method over turning on/off the DC power source directly because the power supply would eventually burn out.
- Using AC devices with the PicoBoo
- Can you hook lights up directly to the BooBox FLEX?
- Using Solid State Relays for High Amperage Loads
- BooBox 4: Setting Input 1 to Normally Closed or Open
- BooBox 4: Setting Write-Protection