FrightProps custom manufactures scores of motion platforms each year... Our customers use them as the foundation for building amazing simulations such as Hellevators, video based motion rides, moving hallways, space capsules, and so much more... Let us build yours!
This item must ship truck freight. We will contact you with more information after your order has been placed.
Heavy duty welded all-steel construction. This includes a heavy-duty welded steel frame, 4 or more airbags (depending on size), and a 3/4" plywood deck. Most sizes come fully assembled, large sizes bolt together. All platforms include air accumulator tanks and are fully plummed and ready to plug into your air compressor.
STEP 1: Choose Your Size
Choose from a selection of our most popular sizes or contact us to build your platform to any specifications. We've made them as small as 4'x4' and as large as 16'x30'...so no job is too small or too big!
How to Calculate Square Feet
In order to tell how many square feet your desired platform is, just multiply the length by width. For example, if you want a 4' wide platform that is 6' long, you would order a 24 square foot platform. Make sure to include your desired dimensions in the comments with your order!
STEP 2: Choose Your Plumbing
Choose from either Up/Down Only or Fill Motion Control for a truly wild ride! With Up/Down Only control, all airbags inflate at the same time. Great for simple jolts or sudden drops. With Full Motion Control each side of the platform is individually controllable, allowing for both vertical and tilting movements. This is perfect for simulating elevator rides, earthquakes, etc...
STEP 3: Choose Your Controller
The controller is the brains behind the operation. This is how you tell the platform when to raise and when to drop. We offer a wide range of controller options for our motion platforms. See below for descirptions of each selection for this option:
• Simple Control (No Audio): If you just want your floor to move up and down and don't need any audio, choose this cost-effective option. We will include a simple controller that will allow you to program the up and down movement of the platform by simply pressing buttons.
• Simple Control (With Audio): Same as the option above, but with audio capabilities! This option will include a PicoBoo MP3 for excellent audio quality with easy programming.
• Advanced Control: Perfect for full elevator simulations or other advanced configurations. This option comes with the mighty BooBox FlexMax controller, which will allow you to control not only the platform, but also lights and other effects. We recommend using the free Director software to program this controller.
STEP 4: Choose Your Options
We offer several add-on options for our platforms:
• Air Jets: This option adds 2 or 4 air jets to the floor of the platform. This is a great additonal startle effect.
• Vibration Effect: This option ads two LFE Transducers and an Amp. This will allow you to add intense vibration effects to your platform which is great for adding another layer of depth and immersion to your event.
STEP 5: Decorate!
We leave the decorating and theming to you. Add walls, seats, or whatever decor you like! Applications Include: Elevators, earthquakes, dive bells, rocket launches, time machines, dinosaur attacks, epic farts or whatever else you can dream!
Deck sits 8" off ground level when lowered and raises to a maximum of 14".
Capacity given for each platform is based on a maximum per-person weight of 200 pounds.
Any size above 6' x 6' use 6 or more air bags. Smaller sizes use 4 air bags.