When guests trigger the PIR the speaker will play your sound. Can be set to loop through a series of sounds or play the same sound every time.
There are two ways to load audio into the Scream Box:
- USB Memory Stick upload: If you are going to be using only a few small audio files you can put them on a USB memory stick and it will read them into the limited internal memory. You can then remove the USB stick.
- SD Memory Card: Place all audio files onto an SD card and insert into Scream Box. SD card must be left in Scream Box.
- Uses PIR technology for accurate motion sensing
- No tools or software needed!
- Will not "forget" program when powered down
- Storage medium: Built-in SPI Flash/ SD card ,
- Internal flash supports 5-30 minutes sound. Maximum SD card size is 4 Gig.
- Supports MP3 format files .
- Supports two modes: All loop one by one and single loop
- Built-in 14W power amplifier to ensure loud and clear sound.
- Comes with appropriate 24VDC 2.5A power supply.
- Measures: 7in. wide x 10in. high x 5in. deep
My Scream Box plays Chinese and will not play my audio filesThe Chinese audio is factory loaded into the internal memory. If it continues to play that then it is unable to read your files from the memory card.
Are their any screams/scares preloaded?Sounds are not pre-loaded into the Sream Box as everyone wants something different. It is very easy to load MP3 files and complete instructions are provided.
Will these play music without having to detect motion?The Scream Box is designed to play only when motion is detected. Our BooTunes Triggerable MP3 players can be used to play MP3 without having to be triggered, but they also allow triggers to be used.
Does the Scream Box include a power supply?Yes, the Scream Box comes with the appropriate 24V DC power supply to power it.
The lowest volume level is too loud. Is there anyway to adjust the lowest volume level?If the volume adjustment on this product does not go low enough for your application you can edit the MP3 files and lower their volume. Any audio editing software will have this capability. We recommend the free Audacity audio editing software.
Do these units have a line out jack to be connected to an external speaker?No, they do not.
Can this be hooked up to a PicoTalk?No, the two products are not compatible.
Does the motion sensor work in low light conditions?The motion sensor on this product works in all light conditions including complete darkness.
What is the trigger distance of the PIR?About 15 feet.