All categories • Controllers & Electronics• How To Make Stuff• Fog, Fluids, Scents• Customer Service• Prop Making• Foam Filled Props• Electric Firecrackers• Customer Videos & Pics• Decorating Supplies• Video & Visual Effects• Other• Escape Room Tech• Pneumatics• Electric Motors• Linear Actuators• Lighting• Sound & Audio• Talking Skulls
- Other Places
Linking multiple BooBox Controllers in Director
These are instructions on how to link slave BooBoxes to a master in Director. This will allow you to program as if they are all one controller. You first need to link them together by wiring their DMX pins 1,2, and 3 together as shown in the diagram. It is important to use twisted pair for pins 2 and 3 (see BooBox manual for more info on that).
Creating the master show ...
1. Create a new show with a FlexMax device.
2. Click the + button and add more Flex or FlexMax controllers.
3. On the left side of the grid beneath the picture of each of the slaves will be their DMX address.
4. Mark down the address of each of the slaves.
5. Save that show.
To set the slave BooBoxes to slaves and set their address ¦
1. Create another new show with a single Flex or FlexMax device (depending on what you have).
2. Goto show settings underneath the gear icon on the right side, set the DMX Mode to BooBox Slave.
3. Set the address to the address you marked down above.
4. If you want, you can add sound files to some scenes. This slave controller will play that sound when its triggered to by the master.
5. Export the show to an SD card and insert it into the slave, wait for the show to upload. It will be fast if theres no sound.
6. Repeat these steps for each slave.
- Splitting left and right audio channels
- Video: PicoBoo
- Step lighting a long hallway
- Using ligtning controllers for other lighting effects
- Using AC devices with the PicoBoo