All categories • Pneumatics• How To Make Stuff• Fog, Fluids, Scents• Customer Service• Prop Making• Foam Filled Props• Electric Firecrackers• Customer Videos & Pics• Decorating Supplies• Video & Visual Effects• Other• Escape Room Tech• Controllers & Electronics• Electric Motors• Linear Actuators• Lighting• Sound & Audio• Talking Skulls
- Other Places
How do I control the speed of an air cylinder?
There are several ways to control the speed of an air cylinder.
A) SPEED CONTROL MUFFLERS
If you are using a double-acting cylinder you can use a 5-ported 4-way valve (you may already be using one of these):
and speed control mufflers in each of the 2 exhaust ports:
B) FLOW CONTROLS
These control the flow of air to the air cylinder and can be used with double-acting, single acting, and reverse acting air cylinders.
There are two types of flow controls that FrightProps offers.
In-Line flow control:
Male Connector Push-On with Flow Control:
C) Quick Exhaust Valves
Quick exhaust valves are commonly used to increase the speed of cylinders or for rapid depressurization of tanks containing compressed air.
- Can I run 3 props off of one air compressor?
- Do you need the Transducer Amplifier for the Transducer Shaker to work? Is there any other kind of control box needed, or will the Transducer Shaker work on its own?
- Using Solid State Relays for High Amperage Loads
- Detecting and stopping air leaks
- How do you turn up the speaker volume when using the internal amp on a PicoBoo?