- All categories
- How To Make Stuff
- Controllers & Electronics
- Electric Motors
- Linear Actuators
- Sound & Audio
- Talking Skulls
- Fog, Fluids, Scents
- Customer Service
- Prop Making
- Foam Filled Props
- Electric Firecrackers
- Customer Videos & Pics
- Decorating Supplies
- Video & Visual Effects
Using Solid State Relays for High Amperage Loads
The BooBox, PicoBoo controllers, Wireless Trigger, and other similar devices with relays are designed to switch on devices that are rated less than 10 amps. If you need to control a device that is greater than 10 amps you will need to use a relay that can handle the load. We recommend a solid state type relay. This document shows you how to use these.
- A motor is shown in the picture. This information also applies to any high amperage load such as high wattage lights, pumps, etc.
- Use a relay that can handle the amperage your device will be drawing.
- The two POWER plugs should both be plugged in to an outlet or power strip at all times.
- I have an iPod touch. Why would I need a BooTunes player or what would the benefits be?
- Can you hook lights up directly to the BooBox FLEX?
- Polyurethane Airline Specifications
- All About Air Compressors
- Solenoid Valves : The Different Types Explained