- All categories
- How To Make Stuff
- Controllers & Electronics
- Electric Motors
- Linear Actuators
- Sound & Audio
- Talking Skulls
- Fog, Fluids, Scents
- Customer Service
- Prop Making
- Foam Filled Props
- Electric Firecrackers
- Customer Videos & Pics
- Decorating Supplies
- Video & Visual Effects
How do I control the speed of an air cylinder?
There are several ways to control the speed of an air cylinder.
A) SPEED CONTROL MUFFLERS
If you are using a double-acting cylinder you can use a 5-ported 4-way valve (you may already be using one of these):
and speed control mufflers in each of the 2 exhaust ports:
B) FLOW CONTROLS
These control the flow of air to the air cylinder and can be used with double-acting, single acting, and reverse acting air cylinders.
There are two types of flow controls that FrightProps offers.
In-Line flow control:
Male Connector Push-On with Flow Control:
C) Quick Exhaust Valves
Quick exhaust valves are commonly used to increase the speed of cylinders or for rapid depressurization of tanks containing compressed air.
- Do you need the Transducer Amplifier for the Transducer Shaker to work? Is there any other kind of control box needed, or will the Transducer Shaker work on its own?
- Using Solid State Relays for High Amperage Loads
- How do you turn up the speaker volume when using the internal amp on a PicoBoo?
- All About Air Compressors
- Video: Cylinder mounting